Wednesday 23 October 2013

Skype!

I had a lovely chat with Adesola this morning on Skype and it reminded me how beneficial it can be! So if any of you guys want to chat to discuss things then I'd be happy to :)!

I love how personal our inquiries are. Getting to choose what topic I wanted to explore has given me the freedom to pick something I was interested in and something that I felt was relevant to my practice. I am very lucky that with choosing 'networking' as my research, I am coming in to contact with so many situations and observations that are relevant. For example; auditions, press nights and class. These observations are so accessible to me as they are a part of my daily practice, therefore the information is right at the tips of my fingers! I suppose that's why I chose what I chose! But I wasn't aware of how much of an importance it would hold! 

Adesola and myself spoke about how important it is to be a 'thinker' in our practice. Not just when it comes to this course itself, but also in our work and experiences. Opening myself up to thought has benefited me in so many ways beyond this module. When first approaching this course, my aim was to just to get myself a degree so that I could open doors for myself for the future. Of course I was hoping to learn a lot but  I didn't at all expect it to have an impact on my practice and life. Being a thinker and questioning and reflecting are such amazing skills to have. Even if at the end of my inquiry I don't feel I've got myself clear answers then it doesn't matter. This whole process is the most important part and looking at where I started to where I end up is the most intriguing part. Speaking to Adesola about what my career is like at the moment has reminded me how much of an impact these skills have had, these of which I have acquired on this course. It is lovely for Adesola and myself to hear of the effects it all has!

1 comment: