Monday 6 May 2013

6A Tools of professional inquiry

Tools Of Inquiry

Please find my pilot survey below!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L62XFT3

Tasks 5 have helped me understand the importance of conducting an ethically sound inquiry. These observations will help guide me when building my pilots.

I have already put together a pilot survey which I posted on the Facebook page. I would appreciate it if you could find the time to fill it out please :) (link above). By gaging people's responses I can play around with the survey questions and find out which ones work best. This is my first attempt and I look forward to seeing the results.

One important thing I discovered was to make sure you make your surveys user friendly. Myself and Hannah picked up on this when we came together last week. Whilst filling out surveys, I found that the more complicated the questions, the less willing I was to fill it out as it was taking up too much of my time. Yes of course a certain amount of your time must be given but do people have the time to write an essay? To me, a survey should be simple and to the point. I feel that long questions (sometimes involving more than one question) can be misleading and allow for too much variable. How are we then able to produce averages on outcomes when people have been allowed to veer off on to irrelevant subjects? (This of course being are fault). People may have a different opinion on this but this is something I will try and remember when conducting all inquiries. This is why It is so important to pick the correct questions so that we are able to get the information we want...this could also mean more people fill out the survey because its not too much hard work for them!

Tonight I am meeting with a few members of my SIG group to discuss pilots. We can use this time to experiment with ideas and advise each other on methods we see to be successful.

I will blog about our SIG discussion after the session this evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment